Thursday, January 17, 2008

More mushroom




The mushroom jar projects haven't really done much after a couple of days. The mycelium does seem to be spreading, but it's only into the layer of potting soil so far. The good news is, there doesn't seem to be any mold. I have been keeping them under fluorescent light.

I put some of the other mushroom log chunks in the kitchen sink. I figured it would get some second hand moisture there. It worked! I have a decent looking mushroom coming up. I am careful not to get any direct hits on it with very hot water. There does not seem to be too much of a mold problem either.

Planting something next to the flow of water transformed my sink into a riverbed, my plumbing a source of life. I think this is an extraordinary concept. And hey, free mushroom.

No comments: