Saturday, October 24, 2009

Aquaponics dry run


Well I replaced the basin on an AeroGarden 3 with a glass bowl I found at World Market for $8. With some extra tubing I was able to plop the air stone into the bowl and theorhetically create a habitable environment. I couldn't get peas to sprout in the thing, though, probably because my growing medium was a just couple of old corks. After a couple weeks I pulled the plugs; the dried up useless old peas were starting to get moldy. On the plus side, there was no algae in the bowl, and it looked pretty cool.

2 comments:

Red Icculus said...

I would put a cheesecloth around the pump to prevent anybody from getting sucked into the pump. Great idea!

fridrix said...

It's an airstone on the AG3, no intake. Thanks for your support!