Wednesday, December 26, 2007

How stupid is Yahoo!?

Yahoo! just deleted my e-mail account I had with them since 1998... hundreds of messages, pictures, a few songs. All gone forever in an instant. Good thing I migrated some addresses to Gmail. There was no explanation (some unspecified Terms of Service infraction) and no way to reach customer service.

Oddly, this came just a couple weeks after I started using Yahoo's paid web hosting service. I chose Yahoo for this mainly because I had been with them for so long. What a stupid way to run a business. Yahoo: you're no Google. You're not Facebook or MySpace or YouTube. And I'm not going back.

I surfed the web a little and found out Yahoo is deleting old accounts if they have unique names, which I think mine had. Is this any way to encourage loyalty?

No comments: